Friday, June 9, 2017

Only make art when it's fun

Dear readers,

So once again this blog has been restarted. I don't know why I keep dong it but I am doing it..

Once again I cleared the blog (again) and start over (again.)

Why?


I will be blunt now: Make art for fun! If it sells, it sells. If not, don't get sad over it.

Don't make my mistake! I have been an artist all my life. I started making art to sell around 2005. I worked hard, made a name for myself. I even get my work published and displayed in art galleries! I made enough money to get even and get into the black.


However, I also have seen the ugly side of the art community: copying, stealing, misrepresentation, and even outright reshelling my work and selling them as their own! I got burnt out, walked away, learned different things, and just never went back to selling even though I have friends/family screaming at me: sell it to me! I GOT MONEY!!!

I am not going to turn that down, but if it is not at my terms then no.


Thank you guys for keeping me here sane. You keep reading and I will keep writing.


No comments: