Wednesday, March 11, 2015

31 Days Straight Art Day 11: March 11, 2015 & WIP Wednesday

Hello again,

Back to business again. I am happy with myself because my face is no longer such a giant puffy mess and I can do a lot more work than I thought. I was cooking, cleaning, prepping, scanning, and in general getting things done!

So here is my WIP Wednesday that is tearing my hair out:

Note to all who wants to sew tiny things with velvet: Just sew it with your hands!!!

I just made a complete mess out of my beautiful sewing machine trying to sew my tiny little beret on my sewing machine. Experts did say BASTE the stitches in for easier handling, use tiny needles to sew it, and prepare for the mess. NO! For the tiny stuff that I do just hand sew it yourself. You will save your heartache later.



Don't repeat this mess!!!



... and the rewards are very, very small. I can safely say I got myself a beret made out of micro velvet. Unfortunately, let's just say that it didn't make any difference to me whether to sew the beret with your hands or sew it with the sewing machine. The sewing machine kinda ate it and spit it back out.

I will sew my lining with the sewing machine but that is it!

The day is not over yet, but I am going to put that tiny beret down and walk away for a little while I recover. Seriously this is not cool.

No comments: